0-9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z



1. Key mechanism used on a clavichord. It is a wooden rod that has a metal bar (the key) on one end, and when depressed, a fulcrum in the center of the rod raises it's back end to touch the strings and fret the string at a given length.
2. Part of the key mechanism used on a piano or other keyboard instrument that transfers the energy of depressing a key to the hammer that strikes the strings.


Last Updated: 2016-06-02 19:24:30